The Office of the Ombudsman provides the following:
The Office of the Ombudsman observes confidentiality and respects your privacy. The Ombudsman does not take part in any formal proceedings or elsewhere at George Mason University, and will not disclose your information or any information that may identify any individual. Confidentiality belongs to the Office and cannot be waived by anyone else. For more information, visit Confidentiality.
When should I see the Ombudsman?
At George Mason University you have a wide array of formal channels to address or clarify questions or concerns that you may have. However, if you believe that your issues are not properly addressed or resolved, if delays are encountered, or if confidential issues need to be discussed, you can get in touch with the Ombudsman.
You can contact the Ombudsman whenever you find yourself in any of the following situations:
- You need help and want to know what options are available to you
- You feel that you are not receiving fair treatment
- You find that a university policy is not clear and/or you think it has been applied to you in an unfair way
- You want someone to talk to without going on record
- You have a concern and you want to talk privately with someone who will listen to you
- You are unsure of who to talk to or what to do in any given situation
Contact the Ombudsman to schedule an appointment.